About Departer – The German Headhunter:
As an internationally oriented German HR consultancy for the recruitment of multinational professionals, Departer possesses a long-standing expertise in the core markets of Germany, Middle East, and Australia. Through our regionally established offices in Dubai, Sydney, and Hamburg, we are valued as a reliable recruitment partner by numerous companies.
Our client is a European market leader for sanitary products with production site in China. The whole group has more than 12,000 employees in over 40 countries.
For its engineering unit in Shanghai, we are looking for a Project Manager Piping.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Investigate the product needs in the various markets and countries in Asia
• Formulate the technical and cost requirements for the products in various
• Initiate the development process of IPD projects and lead the corresponding
• Control the reaching of the targets of IPD-projects which he launched.
• Investigate and push the markets for achieving product standards approvals
and other sales supporting documents.
• Keep up-to-date overview over technical developments in the field & Keep up-
to-date overview over competitor activities (product launches, innovation)
• Responsible for the product strategy and relevant product road map of
assigned product group.
• Propose product strategies for the different countries in cooperation with their
marketing and sales managers.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experiences:
• Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
• University degree with major in business management or engineering or
marketing, MBA preferred
• More than 10 years’ experience including 5 years of related industrial
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.