Departer is a leading Executive Search consultancy with a global presence, placing multinational executives in German, Swiss, and Austrian companies. Our expertise lies in identifying exceptional talent for organizations in the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, and the DACH-Region, through our strategically located offices in Dubai, Brisbane, Hamburg, and Oldenburg.
Our European client is a prominent player in the utilities industry, providing innovative solutions to customers around the world for many years. The company specialize in offering a full product portfolio and service offers to meet the needs of their customers. With a strong focus on building lasting relationships, they work closely with end-users, contractors, engineering companies, and specifiers to provide value-added solutions. Our client is recognized globally for their excellence and has built a reputation as a trusted solutions provider in their industry.
We are currently seeking an accomplished Sales Manager for the Utility market segments in the GCC region. The Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving sales and gross margin targets aligned with the segment and market strategy, effectively leveraging all available internal resources and tools. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and experienced professional with a strong track record of driving sales growth in the utility industry.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Achieve sales and gross margin targets as per the segment and market strategy.
- Promote the full product portfolio and service offer to increase awareness and demand for company products.
- Develop strong and effective relationships with end users, contractors, engineering companies, specifiers, and distributor partners.
- Conduct regular and detailed market, application, business trend, and competitor analysis of the segment in the GCC to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Promote the company as the leading global solutions provider through strong marketing and communication strategies.
- Ensure the distributors sales team and customers in the segment are trained to the required level of segment mastery.
- Hold and maintain a project data file using CRM, as per the company strategy and targets.
- Participate in regular meetings with sales partners and internal stakeholders to review and ensure achievement of market segment goals.
- Maintain effective working relationships with technical and internal sales teams to ensure achievement of agreed targets.
- Prepare and submit sales reports/project information in accordance with the company reporting cycle.
- Support cash collections as and when appropriate.
- Undertake ad hoc projects/tasks as per the request of the Regional Sales Director.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments to maximize the companies opportunity in the local market.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering .
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in sales of technical products and services in the utility market segments in the GCC.
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving business growth in the utility market segments.
- Strong knowledge of the utility market segments and the key players in the GCC region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong and effective relationships with customers, partners, and multiple internal stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies and value selling techniques to increase demand and awareness of company products.
- Strong analytical skills to conduct market, business trend, and competitor analysis to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Experience in using CRM tools and maintaining project data files to track sales activities and opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve agreed targets and objectives.
- Strong English skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel frequently within the GCC region.