Our German client is an internationally operating events and projects management company providing excellent customer service in the areas of project planning and management. The company offers German quality and expertise based on long-standing international project experience. Our client is expanding their Middle Eastern presence to increase their international events and exhibition projects.
As Commercial Manager (on a 12-months contract), you will be responsible for leading all commercial aspects of the Expo project.
About Departer – The German Headhunter:
As an internationally oriented German HR consultancy for the recruitment of multinational professionals, Departer possesses a long-standing expertise in the core markets Germany, Middle East and Australia. Through our regionally established offices in Dubai, Sydney and Hamburg, we are valued as a reliable recruitment partner by numerous companies.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing financial plans including short and long term budgets
- Managing budgets, expenses and pricing, and commercial arrangements
- Preparing financial reports and analyzing data in terms of business performance including profitability and revenue
- Advising on pricing for commercial offers and contracts as well as peparing information for management team to make decisions
- Supporting team members in taking daily commercial decisions
- Collaborating with business managers to drive financial performance and to create efficiencies to ensure contracts remain financially viable and delivered on budget
- Conducting analysis of commercial opportunities and solve problems with commercial issues that may arise
- Preparing models to assess future profitability of identified opportunities
- Reporting to HQ and Expo Project Director
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experiences:
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics or similar with focus on finance or operations
- Finance experience with large scale construction or engineering projects
- Excellent English language skills, German is an advantage
- Proactive individual with strong time management skills
- Ability to work with high accuracy in a deadline-driven business environment
- Confident communicator with a diplomatic approach
- Attention to detail with an analytical way of thinking
- Immediate availability will be advantageous