About Departer – The German Headhunter:
As an internationally oriented German HR consultancy for the recruitment of multinational professionals, Departer possesses a long-standing expertise in the core markets of Germany, Middle East, and Australia. Through our regionally established offices in Dubai, Brisbane, and Hamburg, we are valued as a reliable recruitment partner by numerous companies.
Our client - headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - specializes in the F&B sector. The company's vision is to develop the F&B business, especially Fine-Dining, in the kingdom to its highest potential. With innovative business strategies, the company brings international, well-known restaurant brands to Saudi Arabia and will take the F&B sector to new heights.
For its business expansion, our client seeks to hire an Operations Director who has the passion for Fine-Dining and will be able to bring customer experience to the next level.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage operations at all company outlets, including Administration, Finance & HR in Saudi Arabia
- Work collaboratively with all Department Managers to make sure operations are running smoothly
- Lead, guide and mentor a multi-national team of approx. 150 employees
- Develop individuals to their potential with training, coaching and assessments combined with regular one-on-ones and performance evaluation
- Develop and implement initiatives to further strengthen the brands whilst progressing the career of individuals at all the levels
- Manage planning, forecasting, purchasing and stock to maintain and improve the overall performance and profitability of all restaurants
- Manage overall costs including material, equipments, manpower etc.
- Work along with the Marketing team to develop marketing strategics and promotion plans to successfully market the restaurants in the relevant media
- Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and safety legislation and requirements of Saudi Arabia
- Maintain close, professional, and effective links with all external contractors/suppliers to ensure that they deliver to mutually accepted agreements and highest quality levels
- Conduct due diligence of developing target franchisee restaurants, including feasibility study in terms of location, profitability, business objective etc.
- Handle responsibilities of future restaurant openings from layout planning through construction to opening including pop ups that might accrue in any city of Saudi Arabia
- Submit a monthly financial report of the restaurant's performance to the CEO of the company
- Quarterly meeting with the CEO where financial targets are set and making sure each of them are met
- Reporting to the CEO
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experiences:
- Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or similar
- At least 7 years of working experience in a leadership position in well-reputed Fine-Dining Restaurant Operations in Europe is a must
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Hands-on mentality with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with sudden arising challenges and to take immediate actions
- Work with confidence based on expertise
- Hands-on character with the drive to set high standards
- Ability to guide, mentor and motivate a multi-cultural team
- Willingness to relocate to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia