About Departer – The German Headhunter:
As an internationally oriented German HR consultancy for the recruitment of multinational professionals, Departer possesses a long-standing expertise in the core markets of Germany, Greater China, the Middle East, and Australia. Through our regionally established offices in Dubai, Brisbane, and Hamburg, we are valued as a reliable recruitment partner by numerous companies.
Our client, a Dubai-based consultancy with German Management, is seeking a highly experienced Chief Strategy Officer (m/f/d) to lead the strategic planning and execution efforts. The CSO will work closely with the CEO and executive team to develop and implement strategies that drive growth, profitability, and competitive advantage for the company. The main focus of this position is to expand globally and to internationalize the business model. The company is looking for a highly experienced and motivated individual who identifies and capitalize on new opportunities in different markets, and who can guide the strategic planning and execution efforts as the company grows and expands rapidly.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Planning: Developing and refining the corporate strategy, business unit strategies, and product/service strategies. The CSO will work closely with the executive team and other stakeholders to define the vision, mission, and goals, and to develop plans and initiatives to achieve them
- Market and Competitive Analysis: Conducting market research, competitive analysis, and other forms of market intelligence to inform the strategic decision-making. The CSO will identify and monitor market trends, customer needs, and competitor activity, and use this information to develop strategies that position the company for success
- Innovation Management: Driving innovation and creativity within the company to develop new services and solutions that meet customer needs and differentiate the company from competitors. The CSO will oversee innovation efforts and ensure that the company is continuously improving and evolving to meet changing market demands
- Strategic Partnerships: Developing and managing strategic partnerships with other organizations that can help to achieve business objectives. The CSO will identify potential partners, negotiate partnerships, and oversee the implementation of partnership initiatives
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Leading M&A efforts, including identifying potential acquisition targets, conducting due diligence, and negotiating and executing acquisition deals. The CSO will assist in developing the M&A strategy and identify opportunities to expand business through acquisitions
- Thought Leadership: Establishing the company as a thought leader by developing and promoting innovative ideas and perspectives on the latest trends and challenges faced by clients. The CSO will work with the marketing and communications teams to develop thought leadership initiatives and create content that positions the company as sole experts in the field
- Talent Management: Ensuring that the company has the talent and capabilities to execute on the defined international strategic plans. The CSO will work with our HR team to identify talent gaps, develop strategies for talent acquisition and retention
- International Expansion: Developing and executing the strategy for international expansion, including identifying new markets and opportunities, assessing the competitive landscape, and developing partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in those markets
- Business Model Innovation: Identifying and evaluating new business models and revenue streams that can help to expand the business globally. The CSO will work with our executive team to develop and implement new business models and services ensuring success on a global scale
- Cultural Understanding: Developing a deep understanding of the cultural and business practices of the target markets to form strategic decisions and operations. The CSO will ensure that all employees are sensitive to local customs and practices, and that the services are tailored to meet the needs of clients internationally
- Brand Management: Managing the brand and reputation globally, and ensuring that the brand message is consistent across all markets and channels. The CSO will work with the marketing and communications teams to develop and implement global branding and messaging strategies, and to ensure that the brand is well-positioned in new markets.
- Strategic Alliances: Developing and managing strategic alliances with key partners and stakeholders in new markets, including joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and alliances with other companies and organizations that assist in expanding reach and capabilities
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills and experiences:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or related field
- Excellent English communication skills to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization; German language skills are advantageous
- Hands-on personality with the ability to multi-task and to deliver at a high-paced working environment
- Willingness to relocate to Dubai and to commit to a long-lasting working relation